AboutWright

History of Wright School

Frank M. Wright School was opened in 1949 to alleviate the overcrowding of Columbia school. At one point, Wright's attendance was approximately 1750, which lead to the building of other schools in the district. Its namesake was a former biology teacher at El Monte High School, Superintendent of the El Monte City School District from 1925 till 1947, Associate Superintendent of Public Education for the State of California from 1947 till 1957.

In 2011, Wright completed a modernization phase which included a new two-story building consisting of classrooms and the administration office, a music room, library/computer lab and two renovated science labs. The original campus still exists as well. This consists of primary classrooms and cafeteria.

 

 

Events Calendar

Fri Sep 15 @10:00AM - 10:15AM
Picture Day: Staff and K-8

Promise Foundation Scholar Savers

scholarsavings